Friday, August 31, 2007

We're Cookin' In Harlem


Hi everyone! Sorry I have been out of the blogosphere for awhile. I'm back now. A lot has happened. I’ll try to fill you in on all the fun stuff.

For starters, we moved from 100th street and Central Park West to a new three bedroom apartment in Harlem on 145th street. My kitchen is gorgeous - opens into the living room, beautiful brand new stainless steel appliances and a stove with burners so sensitive and with so many heat levels that I had to re-learn to cook stuff that I had cooked a thousand times. I thought simmer, medium and boil were the only settings on a stove. It’s like I’ve been cooking over and open fire in the Middle Ages. I also have a garbage disposal which is magnificent because I like nothing more than scraping the dinner dishes right into the sink. I’ve mashed up a few forks but who cares.


As I write this, a little girl has just walked into the room and I barely recognize her because this little elf-like thing is my smallest – Edie – and she is 11 months and walking around the house like she has been doing it for years. I admit she followed me into the bedroom the other night and the house was dark and I didn’t expect to see her and I nearly screamed when I saw this little doll tottering toward me. All I could think of was one of Lucy’s rag dolls had been brought to life by some angry dead people buried under our new condo development. I kinda freaked out for a few seconds, but she beamed up at me so proud of herself, I couldn’t help but crack up. She is already such a big girl…

One other non-foody thing…I cut all of my hair off – No really, after the Tony Awards my hair guy (who is also Bette Midler’s hair guy) told me that my hair was a rat’s nest and that I should just cut it all off. So, following the whole “If your friends told you to jump off a bridge, would you?” line of thinking - I did. On good days, I look like a less gorgeous version of Sharon Stone. On bad days, I look like a lesbian version of Annie Lenox in her 80’s heydey– a bit butchy. But most days I like the feeling of getting up and running my fingers through my hair and feeling no snaggles and knowing that I have nearly completed my beauty ritual for the day. Fantastic!

xxoo Kim

Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook


No comments: