Saturday, July 5, 2008

July 4th. Slaughter Beach. Clam Bake.



Here are my 4th of July quick notes...

At the beach. Had a great 4th. Clambake. Many good friends. Kian, my wonderful friend, fellow blogger and chef from Red Cook staged a crazy whopper of a clam bake on the beach. Children played in the sand. Toes in the water. Horseshoe crabs washing up on shore. Everyone ate lobster. Clams. Shrimp. Blue crab. Butter. And more butter. There was rain. A mad dash for the indoors. Thunder. Cats rolling the barrels in the sky. Kisses, some tiny. Some sexy. Laughter. Bellies full. Empty wine bottles. Dreams of castles and mermaids for the little ones. Memories. And lots of 'em.

For now, some pictures to share with you...

xxo YM
















































Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook


9 comments:

Izzy's Mama said...

Now doesn't that just look idyllic? And here I was stuck in Jersey City, trying to have a bbq which the rain kept interrupting..Though we did get to see fireworks!

ib said...

Ahhhh I don't even have any snarky comment for those. =[
Cute kids, I love the tutu on the beach.

Shannon said...

You have GOT to enter that first photo in some sort of contest. I LOVE it!!!!

What a great picnic on the beach. You can't beat that!

krysta said...

kim, those are some great shots! and i love what you wrote.

kisses, some small, some sexy. that explains marriage with kids!

Anne Stesney said...

I saw Kian's pix on facebook and rushed over to your blog 'cause I knew there'd be more. Lovely and envy-inducing!


Oh, and here's to those sexy kisses leading to twin sisters for Lucy and Edie!

Christine said...

What a beautiful gathering. And also my holy hell, hey Kian, next time invite me! I'll bring lots of wine.

Man, lobsters, clams, crabs at the beach. I am insanely jealous.

Le laquet said...

That looks fab - good weather, good friends, family and great food - who could ask for more??

Jo said...

I love those family days. Love the tutu! We dont get lobster here, we get something similar called crayfish it justs doesnt have the huge pinchers.

MommyLisa said...

Ah-ha - I see topless does not wear off after age three. So noted. Our tutu is purple, is that okay?

I asked in my blog earlier because the boo boo la la likes to be NAKED! No matter where she is.