Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella. These costumes make them ridiculously happy.
Squirrely even before they had the candy.
David and the kids relieve the neighbors of their candy.
Lucy has to repeatedly resist the urge to say, "Trick or treat, smell my feet..." which she thinks is absolutely hysterical.
The girls begin to eat their candy double-fisted.
And the rest of the evening goes like this:
1. Initial sugar high
2. The ceremonial discarding of the wrappers all over my floor
3. A party with a whole bunch of other costume-clad kids across the hall
4. A second round of trick-or-treating when a new batch of kids show up who haven't trick or treated yet and all the kids go back out with empty candy bags and neighbors, who have too much left over candy, give them more handfuls of candy and fill up their second bag
5. Second tier sugar high
6. Kids eat, like, 2 bites of pizza at the party
7. Kids find marbles in the neighbors house and then, lose marbles in the neighbors house. Neighbors might secretly hate us.
8. Children find their bags of candy and pilfer a few more Kit Kats. Parents are too drunk or engrossed in adult conversation to care.
9. Third tier sugar high. All hell promises to break loose
10. Edie is found hiding a melted Twix in the front of her dress
11. 10:30 children's heads are about to explode.
12. Go home. Take off princess dresses. Brush Kit Kats out of teeth and pass out on the sofa.
13. Wake up in bed next morning in a haze of wine, Almond Joys and Sweet Tarts.
14. Nice Halloween.