Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Dear David, Please Come Home & Save My Sorry Ass


I'm generally not one to call David at the office and tell him I'm about to strangle the kids and he should drop everything and come home and bail me out. But I did, in desperation, send him this text message yesterday:

Update: House a wreck. Edie wailing and begging for boob, like, all day. Presents, kisses, abundant amounts of patience and ice cream did not help. More crying. Just poured myself some booze. We adore you and require your serene guidance and wisdom at this difficult juncture. Before your wife's head explodes. xo

God bless him, he came home early.

xo YM


Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook


11 comments:

SaintTigerlily said...

What a great guy!

ntsc said...

Good old husband.

Good old booze

Melissa said...

That's because David rocks. And he loves you tremendously. Go David!

:: wife mom maniac :: said...

I always appreciate posts like this one, where parents share the difficult times, we all have 'em, and it makes me feel better about my own to know of others. Thank you for sharing this honest post.

The Mulligan Family said...

Love it! Yes, there are certainly days like that. Glad you survived.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Srivalli said...

Oh I can understand how it can become!...hope your husband came to save you..:)

krysta said...

i remeber those days oh wait still have them!

ntsc said...

Krysta

I don't want to go there

Amy said...

Greetings Kim - just found your awesomeness through Krysta (and Melissa..r.i.p) Great stuff. I have a 3 1/2 and 1+ year old. God help us!!

I keep saying I don't have time to subscribe to anymore blogs, but then I come across one like yours, and, well...damn you.

Jennifer said...

Ha! That is how I feel Every. Single. Day. And I just have one kid. Congrats to you for not sending him that message every day!

Thanks for stopping by my blog to check out our newest addition! We think he's pretty adorable, too. Even when he's awake at 2am, screaming that cute little head off.