Thursday, July 2, 2009

Going Camping. God Help Me.


July 4th weekend. Think of of us.

No, think of me.

Think of me in a tent. Sleeping on the hard ground. Cooking over open fire while attempting not to accidentally dip my sleeve into the flame and set myself ablaze. Think of me in a bathing suit. In broad daylight. (No really, this sucks.) Watching my children play with bugs and dirt. And more bugs. And making mud pies out of camp dirt. And bringing it all into the tent to show me and dropping it into my sleeping bag. And more bugs.

And speaking of bugs, think of me defenseless against those big buzzing things that bang up against the tent every time someone so much as turns on a flashlight so they can pee. And speaking of peeing, guess where I'll be doing that? Not in a bathroom. Oh, and I think I'm going to get my period. On yet another camping trip.

And yet I am happy to be dirty with my family, who I know will enjoy this little outdoor adventure. While I'm changing my tampons in the bushes. And even for this, I am grateful.

I wish you the very best Fourth of July. Love to you all.

xo YM


Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook


5 comments:

Rita said...

You're a seasoned camper Kim. Remember Schroon Lake?? OK, I know it was a camper, not a tent, but the girls are going to love it. Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend. xxRita

Melissa said...

Oh yay. Bugs. Lucky you. :)

Have a great weekend with David and the girls. ♥

The Mulligan Family said...

Umm... have a good time?? I don't do camping. Doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me... but making family memories sure does.

Happy 4th of July. Enjoy the wonderfulness that is your family!

ntsc said...

Haven't been camping since about 1975-76 and don't plan on starting.

However I have fond memories of camping as a pre-teen/teen.

Anonymous said...

I pledge allegiance to the tight tiny vagina and how her body clenched around hard cocks